Honor • Valor • Courage
Duty • Virtue
to properly honor those who passed through the Medina Armory
and served their country in times of conflict.
14 October 2008
70th Anniversary Reunion
to commemorate Company F
16 October 2010
Ceremony at 1100 hours
at the Company F Monument
306 Pearl Street, Medina.
Reception & Private Luncheon at 1300 Hours
VFW Lincoln Post 1483
216 East Main St., Medina.
For more information, email email@example.com
F Memorial Committee created a monument
to honor those who trained at the Medina Armory and served actively
during time of conflict. This monument was erected in the Summer
of 2008 and dedicated October 14, 2008. Please visit our Photo Gallery to view photos of the Dedication. We are continually researching and collecting the following:
- Historical artifacts regarding infantry personnel from1898 to 1977
- Rosters & historical data from Company F, 108th Infantry
- Company C 174th Armored Infantry Battalion data, 1947-1977 (rev. 9/03/08)
Click on the above links to view the revised plaques. (Will
open new browser window in Adobe Reader format, pdf). Read historical
archives contributed by LtCol Richard Glass in our Journal.
Company F Rosters: Once completed, the rosters were distributed
and posted in local schools, veterans organizations, historical societies,
libraries and county agencies as well as be mounted to the Company F
monument. To submit a correction to the roster, please email
us with the subject "Company F Roster Correction". Please
identify yourself and relation to the individual on the roster.
Company F Memorial Committee (below) is a grass roots effort and joint
venture between the Orleans County Joint Veterans' Council and Medina
Sandstone Society. The committee also includes family members of veterans
as well as the generous support from several businesses and organizations
listed below. The monument creation was funded by grants and public donations from citizens and families
of War Veterans. For more information or to make an artifact contribution,
please email the Monument Committee
Director. To make a tax-deductible donation, download
a pledge card and send a check made payable to:
COMPANY F MEMORIAL FUND
Medina Savings & Loan
11182 Maple Ridge Rd.
Medina, NY 14103
Purchase Official Company F Memorial Merchandise by either downloading our Order Form [pdf] or
order online from our supplier's website. Proceeds to benefit the Company F Memorial.
Company F Memorial Committee reviewing rosters:
(seated L-R) Anne McElwee, Don Bensley and Kathy Iorio (standing
L-R) Jim Freas, Bill Menz, Joe Franklin and Rich Glass.
Company F Memorial
Bill Menz: Chairman, Company C National Guard
Don Bensley: WWII Vet & Company C 1st
Joe Franklin: Vietnam Veteran, Helicopter
Rich Glass: Company C Reserve Officer, National
Jim Freas: Korean War Vet & Orleans County
Joint Veterans Council
Carl Petronio: Company C National Guard
Ron Winans: Company C Master Sergeant
Ann McElwee: Daughter of WWII Vet, Corporal
Cathy Fox: Daughter of WWII Vet, Private
Kathy Iorio: Daughter of WWII Vet, Private
Charlie Slack: Medina Sandstone Society
Groundbreaking Ceremony, August 30, 2007
ceremonies for the Company F monument were recently held with Assemblyman
Steve Hawley, Cathy Fox, Anne McElwee and Senator George Maziarz breaking
ground while coordinator Bill Menz and Orleans County Veterans look
on. The "prototype" Pentagonal monument on display (left)
was an early model for the design. The actual monument will be made
of Medina Sandstone and stand over 8' tall. Bronze plaques will be
mounted on each side containing Company F rosters from the Spanish-
American war, Mexican-American War, World War I & World War II.
The 5th side will include a dedication to Company C.
Click on the images below to view larger
images (will open new browser window). Please note that the plans are
subject to change based on funding and resources. The World War II Company
F Roster (left) will be printed and distributed to local veteran's clubs
& offices. We are still researching the accuracy of the data and
look to Company F veterans and their family & friends to provide
THANK YOU! THANK
YOU! THANK YOU! We are especially grateful for the support
of the community, businesses and organizations for their contributions
to make this project possible:
- Orleans County Joint Veterans Council
- Butts-Clark American Legion Post 204
- Lincoln Memorial Post 1483 VFW
- Sons of the American Legion Post 204
- Medina Sandstone Society
- Medina Historical Society
- Lake Plains YMCA, Brian Payne, Dean Bellack, Owen Toale, John Heveron and Board Members
- Jim Bensley & Wayne Hale, Orleans County Planning, Development & Tourism
- Medina Savings & Loan
- Carl & Craig Phinney, Phinney Tool & Die
- Cliff Fuller, Monument design
- Lynne Menz, OCI Partners Web site & plaque designs
- John Fuller, Concrete Construction
- David Fuller, Concrete Construction
- Bonnie & Tim Payne of Oak Orchard Concrete Co.
- Bill Jones Mason
- Galle Memorial Studio
- ASI Modulex & Karin Yocum
- Roberts Farm Market
- Jim & Margaret Lustumbo, Lakewood Village
- Mrs. Rita Fox for her WWII Scrapbook
- Thermal Foam, Charles & Frank Wopperer Family
- John Sawyer, Western NY Energy
- Bob Bracey Tents
- Journal Register
- Ginny Kropf & the Batavia Daily
- Joe LaBarbera-VA Med Ctr. Carpenter Shop
- Senator George Maziarz
- Assemblyman Steve Hawley
- The Curtis Foundation
- Dr. Dale Sponaugly for Medina Sandstone
- Mrs. Donald Hare, Kent, NY for Medina Sandstone
- The Petitt Family for Medina Sandstone
- Maureen, Lee & Gary Blackburn for Medina Sandstone
- Jordan Rath Masonry for Medina Sandstone
- Village of Medina, Mayor Adam Tabelski & Board
- Village of Medina Dept. of Public Works
- Town of Ridgeway Highway Dept.
- Town of Shelby Highway Dept.
- Somerset Lumber Co., Medina, NY
- Allied Group, Brockport, NY & Carl Petronio
- Mark Weld, Weld Signs
- John Kage, Ironman Welding
- Zacher Brothers
- Ace Flag Poles
- Ray Guzik
- Rev. Emily J. Frank, St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran
- Rev. Joseph Fifagrowicz, Sacred Heart
- Rev. James Maxwell
- Takeform Architectural Graphics, Medina, NY
- Artist Eric Valley
- Boy Scout Andrew Inchoe, parents Cindy & Jonathan Inchoe & the Fiego Family for landscaping
- [View more contributors in our Journal]
Photo Courtesy of Pat Bellucci.
Visit our Photo Gallery to view more pictures of the Dedication, October 14, 2008.
Honor the Memory of Company F!
Order official Company F merchandise featuring the image displayed above.
:: Order Form [PDF] :: Order Online ::